Ski & Snowboard News / Learn to ski and ride safely in back country
Mar 21, 2016 18h08
By Harriet Wallis
It's Back Country 101 -- and it's the longest running Back Country 101 course in the Wasatch.
This 2-day program includes: Companion Rescue – Weather – Snowpack – Terrain – Route Finding – Gear Considerations – Human Factors. Small groups to maximize your experience. This course is designed specifically for recreational skiers and snowboarders with upper intermediate to advanced/ expert riding skills.
Friday, March 25th, 5:15pm till approximately 9:00pm - indoor lecture
Sunday, March 27th, 9:00am till approximately 4:00pm – outdoor field session
· Avalanche beacon, probe and shovel required for this session.
· Up-hill travel gear (split board or AT skis with skins) is not required.
· A lift ticket is not required.
· Course fee of $90 is not due until the first day of the course.
· 50% discount for Brighton employees and volunteer ski patrol
· Pre-registration is required.
To register, or if you have questions, contact [email protected]